Wednesday 27 July 2011

My Project


I am currently in the process of finishing my 5th year in my honours degree in Graphic Design at Greenside Design Center in sunny Johannesburg, South Africa. My current Major project is focussed around Biomimicry in Graphic Design, particularly focussing on the way in which animals and nature communicate and how these processes may be implemented into my practice. I will be re-designing projects from my college career as well as projects from the industry which I feel could benefit from an injection of Biomimetic Inspiration.

My motivation for doing this project started with the fact that I was bored with the way that I conceptualised my projects. As well as with the process I followed when starting out on a project.

I looked to biomimicry for inspiration, in doing so the project has blossomed (excuse the pun) into something so much more than just an escape from boredom. I hope that by entering into the world of biomimetics I may improve my design practice as well as influence others to do the same.

...Sheena...

No comments:

Post a Comment